At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation — great people, great software!
As a performance-focused Senior Software Engineer at Appian you will help build tools to solve complex performance problems with our newest features in RPA.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, and we are supportive of both Remote and Hybrid work environments.
- You have 5+ years experience building and delivering software applications
- You’re passionate about software performance and possess deep knowledge about RDBMS, document-based persistence, distributed systems, high availability, high throughput, & Blue/Green or rolling deployments
- You’re passionate about identifying and building new tools and technologies to solve complex performance problems
- You’re a tinkerer at heart with an innate ability to solve tough problems
- You have experience with CI/CD tools such as Gitlab and/or Jenkins
- You have some familiarity with AWS or similar Cloud providers
- You thrive on solving labyrinthine problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems
- You hold a BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent years of experience writing code
How You’ll Contribute:
- Develop simple yet elegant solutions to complex technical problems at the intersection of Engineering and IT in a small agile team.
- Build custom performance tooling to assist with solving performance issues.
- Assist with customer performance issue investigations and remediation.
- Enable automated performance testing through creation of libraries, frameworks, and infrastructure.
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
Preferred Experience Level:
- 5+ years of relevant experience building and delivering software applications
- B.S. in Computer Science, or a related field
- Expertise in any technical concepts/tools such as Domain Driven Design, Maven, Gluster, Redis, Kubernetes (general), Go (especially K8s Operators) is preferred
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.