Appian is seeking a new Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to support our Australia, Singapore, and Japan businesses. In this role, you’ll be at the heart of our regional business and play a leadership role in guiding the future of our tech workforce.
As an Appian HR Business Partner, you’ll be a proactive consultant and adviser to the regional leadership team and line managers on all talent issues - including leading performance management, employee engagement, talent assessments, leadership development, succession planning and more.
Our successful HR Business Partners are great at understanding the buzz of the organisation while also being able to take a strategic view of where we need to be with our talent and how to get there. Specifically, you can expect to get involved in day-to-day issues such as employee relations, make compensation and promotion decisions, and also drive the agenda for longer-range talent priorities.
This role will be based out of Sydney, with the expectation of 2-3 days working from our office.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- A proven track record of creating strategies to develop, engage and retain a diverse, top-tier talent group
- An understanding of when data will assist in making smart, informed decisions and to monitor the pulse of employees
- To own the delivery of employee communications and programs
- The experience to lead the preparation for and facilitation of all People programs within the region
- The capability to partner with regional HR leaders and other People Team groups including Learning, Compensation and Recruiting
- To provide compensation support including salary planning, off-cycle salary actions, promotions, and job re-leveling/re-alignment.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Appian offers a wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- Prior work in a tech environment preferred but not required
- 6+ years of experience in a People or Talent field, including roles that involve learning and development, employee relations, recruiting or HR management. We’re open to considering applicants without prior HR Business Partner experience as well.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change in the world.