Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionise the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Manually test and troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions: systems integration, GUI, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing, functionality, database, and regression Test features across web, Android and iOS platforms
- Write automated test code using tools like Java, Python and Selenium. Ability to apply test automation design and techniques
- Support existing features by performing regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Perform analysis, research, and troubleshooting of software defects and aid in the documentation of defects and anomalies
- Build, maintain and improve test artefacts for rapid and efficient reuse by the Test Engineering team
- Work with other scrum team members to define and review Acceptance Criteria.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of bugs and test results
- Know some elements of test design
- Understand how to systematically analyse requirements
- Know how to understand the root cause of software defects
- Understand Engineering strategy for performance engineering
- Write complete and concise software defects with all necessary supporting information
- Participate in release management activities
- B.S. degree in an Engineering field or demonstrated aptitude for technology
- 5+ years of relevant experience
About Appian :
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.