Reston | Virginia | United States
Appian is seeking an individual to work directly for our SVP, Marketing to assist in the operation of marketing and business development. The purpose of this role is to help improve the overall effectiveness of the department. The role will be involved in strategic planning, special projects, auditing and analysis, and other key activities.
This role is a great opportunity to gain a good understanding of every aspect of the marketing function. It will expose the candidate to all aspects of marketing – demand generation, product and strategy, communications, etc. -- and it could be a jumping off point to numerous career opportunities in marketing, sales, and other functions.
We are looking for someone who has a solid understanding of our product, a lot of initiative and creativity, and a willingness to be bold, take risks, identify problems, and challenge assumptions.
Characteristics and Qualifications
- Detail-oriented. Able to collect and organize information in the course of conversations and meetings.
- Systems-oriented. Looks for ways to build consistent approaches to manage and track metrics, programs, and projects.
- Analytical. Facility with reporting tools and ability to collect, synthesize and produce reports as well as judgments about the results.
- Must be able to build collaborative and constructive working relationships with many people, across many functions, inside Appian.
- Self-directed and capable of creating and executing plans with minimal input. At the same time, must know how to ask for advice or help when necessary.
- Highly reliable and persistent. Must act with urgency.
- Strong writing skills.
- Good understanding of what Appian software can do. Preferably has some Appian project experience and can build in Appian as well.
- Must be able to handle critical feedback and act on it.
- Will be privy to conversations and documents which are not to be shared. Must maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- BA/BS degree
- Assist in the coordination and oversight of programs, projects, systems and processes within marketing and business development.
- Document meeting action items and oversee follow-ups.
- Audit assistance: Dig into detail to find problems and report back with your analysis.
- This role will work out of Reston headquarters, but there could some be travel.
At Appian, you will help us build our award-winning PaaS product that enables business people to build cloud and mobile enterprise applications with flexible, visual models instead of custom code. Appian discovers and unites enterprise data, connects users through social and collaborative engagement in the context of business data, and provides the leading suite of business process technology to enable rapid application development and optimization in every industry.
People who viewed this job also viewed:
Recent Posts - AppianLIFE
Alert me about jobs like this