Reston | Virginia | United States
Are you equally as talented at as you are passionate about writing sophisticated code? Are you ready to dive deep into the intricacies of one of the world’s most cutting-edge software platforms in the industry?
As a Software Engineer working on the Appian platform, your mission will be to ensure that Appian is always fast, scalable, and up to whatever tasks our customers configure it to do. You will be solving problems of scale and flexibility that most engineers never see, building a product capable of serving our customers in ways you never imagined. Your scope extends from the high-performance data layer to the cross-platform user interface. This position requires the mental agility to jump from the deep code-level view of Appian, to the designer’s view, to the end user’s view, and back again. Learn how to write software that runs software, and enhance our declarative programming language.
You will design and develop systems that allow our customers to build amazing enterprise apps for mobile and the web without writing a line of code. The product features you write will impact millions of Appian users worldwide, and will expose you to an incredible range of frameworks, patterns and methods as you hone your comp sci kung fu.
About the Job:
- Master the advanced technologies we use to revolutionize the way software is built.
- Utilize your knowledge of our software to design new features and implement improvements to existing features.
- Design features of increasing sophistication in small, tightly integrated, and highly-skilled teams.
-Develop new user-oriented features; engineer complex systems.
- Manage availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of Appian by engineering reliability into software and systems.
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
Appian delivers an enterprise platform for Business Process Management (BPM) and Case Management solutions. Appian unites users with all their data, processes, and collaborations in one environment, on any mobile device, through a simple social interface. On-premise and in the cloud, Appian is the fastest way to solve complex issues with modern apps. For more information, visit www.appian.com.
- B.S. or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred, other related technical disciplines considered
- Superior academic achievement with a GPA of 3.7 or higher (preferred)
- Fluency in Java, C++, and familiarity with git and Shell
- Experiences building web-based J2EE apps preferred- Previous software development internship(s) preferred
Seventeen years after founding Appian, Matt, Mike, Marc, and Bob got together for some coffee and conversation about the company’s genesis. In this episode, they discuss the company’s philosophy surrounding change, new hires, and being proven wrong.
Have you ever stopped to think about why you are exceptional? Some of our Appian Women shared their stories, and why it is challenging to openly reflect on what makes them uniquely remarkable.
Appian takes a unique approach to onboarding. From offer acceptance, to our engaging orientation program, and department training programs, we are serious about setting you up for success. Here's a sneak peak at what your experience would be like as a new hire at Appian.